Are you a farmer or a local food advocate? Join the Pender Islands Farmers Institute!
FOR JUST $5 THE BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP ARE MANY!
1. You help encourage and support the growing, raising and availability of local food in your area.
2. Your purchase of a membership tells us that you want PIFI to work on your behalf to encourage and protect local farmers and farming.
3. A membership gives you greater connection and access to the farming communities in your area.
4. Your district farmers’ institutes are mandated, by law, to meet with the Provincial government once annually to discuss issues affecting all of us. Your local farmers' institute meets regularly with regional and municipal levels of government in support of small scale agriculture.
5. Farmers' Institute members are eligible to participate in the Farmers' Market
6. Learn skills by participating with experienced farmers offering mentorships in animal husbandry, building infrastructure, machinery maintenance and repair, etc.
To become a member or renew you membership, please complete the form:
Your $5 membership fee can be mailed to:
The Pender Islands Farmers Institute
P.O Box 38
Pender Island, BC