Rules and information for vendors at Farmers’ Market:
1. Sanae Kikuchi handles vendor registration, takes fees and manages the Market setup each Saturday. She is your source for general enquiries through firstname.lastname@example.org. If urgent, she can also be reached at 250-526-0150.
2. Your $10 weekly fee pays for a spot at the market and one or our 3’ x 8’ plastic tables if you want it. 10’ x 10’ canopy tents are $10 extra.
3. Vendors that chose spots at the vendors meeting in April have priority for that location over all others.
4. Second in line are those that were at the previous market and told staff they will be at the next market.
5. Third in line are those who emailed Sanae to book a specific date.
6. The above hierarchy also applies to booking a tent if there are not enough for all.
7. The only time you would need to tell us you are NOT coming, is if you previously said you were coming.
8. A preliminary map is emailed to all vendors through the marketing website MailChimp each Thursday showing confirmed vendors and available locations for that Saturday’s market.
9. Vendors must book their table by Thursday midnight.
10. A final map is emailed Friday morning with any changes as per above hierarchy and the Thursday midnight cutoff. Please download this map to see if you have been relocated.
11. After 6 pm Friday the map with any corrections is with Sanae for Market setup in the morning and vendors need to contact her with any issues.
12. Vendors who have booked a spot and don’t show up must pay for what was set up.
13. Nutrition Coupon Program coupons must be turned in at the PIFI desk for reimbursement before you leave the market.
To sign up for an online Food Safe Course: Food Safe Level 1 and Refresher courses can be taken online. If you are a vendor at the Market selling food products, we require you to have Food Safe Level 1. If you already have Food Safe but want to recertify or refresh your memory, take the Refresher course. To sign up for an online course, click here.
To order a new copy of your Food Safe certificate: New copies of the Food Safe certificate can be ordered and sent to you by mail through the Vancouver Island Health Authority's office in Duncan for a minimal fee. Please call (250) 737-2010
BC CDC Guidelines for the Sale of Foods at Temporary Markets: We require all Farmers' Market vendors to read and adhere to these guidelines. They can be found here.